-

-

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Running Diva Mom’s $1 Virtual Race for Girls on the Run


After running my first virtual race (you can view my race report HERE), I decided that I would like to try hosting my own virtual race. I added some extra miles onto my treadmill run that day and found it soooo motivating to keep going and increase my speed. It sounds silly. But, blogging has really held me accountable and has motivated me to push myself.

Some of you are speed demons and motivated marathon maniacs. There are also several of you following my journey that are new to running or just getting back at it. New or seasoned ....... YOU ARE ALL RUNNERS!!!!!!!

I have decided to hold a .......................
ONE MILE VIRTUAL RACE
FOR GIRLS ON THE RUN
.
This will encourage all runners (seasoned and new) to be involved. It will encourage those seasoned runners to pick up the pace and see how fast they can run a mile and the new runners will be encouraged to push themselves to that one mile mark.
That’s not all …. There will lots of lovely PRIZES!!! And, since this virtual race will benefit Girls on the Run, there is a special prize category for getting your family involved in the event!! One family will be chosen at random. SO GET YOUR KIDDOS INVOLVED!


You can learn more about Girls on the Run here.

Here are the details:

Running Diva Mom’s $1 Virtual Race

When:
May 16, 17, 18, 19 or 20


Where:
Run inside, outside, or with the jogging stroller
(get the whole family involved!) or your four-legged friend.

Distance:

1 mile (walk or run)

Cost:
$1.00 minimum donation per participant/family
(Benefiting my Madison Marathon journey, as a “sole mate” for Girls on the Run)
You may visit my donation page HERE.

Entry:
1 – Make a $1 minimum donation to GOTR HERE.
2 – Leave me a comment on this post, to let me know you are committed.
Please include your name and blog address.
3 – Run 1 mile on May 16, 17, 18, 19 or 20.
4 – If you have a blog, complete your race report on your blog,
including your finishing time (and photos if you wish!) and
email me/comment to let me know it has been posted.
If you don’t have a blog, simply email me your finishing time.
Your race report and finishing time will be posted on my event summary.

Prizes
will be awarded in the following categories:

1st place female:
GoLite Hydroclutch Water Bottle and 2 Gu Gel Packets

1st place male:
GoLite Hydroclutch Water Bottle and 2 Gu Gel Packets


Best Running Diva Mom (or Dad!) Outfit:
One Pair of Ryders Eyewear Sunglass and Protective Case


1st place prize for getting your family involved:
(chosen at random)
Family Prize TBA




Sooooo ..... what are you waiting for?!?!?! If you love the GOTR program as much as I do ..... Please spread the word by posting a link to this virtual race on your blog.
The girls will THANK YOU!!!!

16 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm definitely in...I'll donate tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! I will definitely be part of this...probably w/the stroller! I'll also post this on my blog!
    www.lauraelainedesigns.blogspot.com
    Laura Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY- this will be my first virtual race- I can't wait :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have totally inspired me to get moving! Like I said before yeah I may be far off from running distances as you, but heck I can pull of a mile.... I think? I think this is a great organization. I am going to look to volunteer for local chapter.
    I have donated to you (you are welcome!) and am committed!
    Nicole Burdick http://confessionsofro.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my blog! So, I have this secret desire to enjoy running and it is so inspiring that you started when you child was 18 months. If you have any words of wisdom for me, I'd love to hear it! Can't wait to read back through your running adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad you're a human salt block as well....makes me not feel alone. ;) What a great virtual race you're putting on. I would totally be in, but my marathon is on the 16th, and I'm guessing I won't be running a hard mile before or after that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I'm committed...

    Amy Read
    http://justtherun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific idea! I'm in - and I'll link to my blog during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in.... This will be my first race and then I am doing a virtual 10 on that weekend. I'll be linking it to my two blogs but you will be able to find it on my running blog.

    http://newbie2running.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely in!!!! www.stacie615.blogspot.com

    I'll post a link on my blog to help spread the word :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in. I will post a link on my blog to gather up more support!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in hoping to get my daughters to do it relay style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK we did our girls on the run virtual race Saturday and had a ball! I posted the race report and pics on my blog. Not sure if I need to email you as well, but thanks for the great idea and motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I finished the run this morning and posted pics on my blog. It wasn't exactly a race report but I did talk a little about it.

    http://laceitupandrun.blogspot.com/2010/05/virtual-run-report.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will do it today or tomorrow.

    http://myfirst5k.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete