-

-

Friday, April 16, 2010

Aneta's 7.64 Mile Virtual Race Report

Last month, Aneta at Confessions of a Rambunctious Runner announced that she was going to be holding a virtual race. It consisted of a 12.3K (7.64 mile) virtual race. Runners were encouraged to run in their pajamas (or any part of their pj's) or simply to run in their running apparel. Of course, I was in. It was my first virtual race.

I ran it on the treadmill with Little Dude keeping me company, while watching "The View" this morning.

I ended up sporting a Victoria's Secret PINK cotton sleepdress over my running outfit. It actually worked out nicely and the polka dots looked cute with my Bondi Band!!


I brought Little Dude downstairs with me on my day off of work and brought all sorts of toys downstairs, that the kids hadn't played with in awhile. It was like having new toys for him. He played with Little People for over an hour and snacked on fruit snacks, goldfish and milk. What a good Little Dude I have!! He LOVES going running with mommy!

I never had to stop the treadmill once with him. He had a great time with me this morning. My legs felt great and I started at my usual 6.6 MPH (for some reason I always start out at this odd pace -- it's comfortable -- and familiar for me) and cranked it up slowly in the last few miles and eventually up to 9.5 MPH at the end.
I ended up finishing my 7.64 miles in 1:07:15. YEAH ME!



Today's after workout "glow" in my pj's!!

As I've mentioned before, I love a Diet Mountain Dew after my workouts. It's my zero calorie indulgence. Little Dude knows this. Whenever he is downstairs with me on the treadmill, he ALWAYS goes into the mini fridge downstairs (where we keep our soda) and sets one next to the treadmill for me. It's always waiting for me when I hit the stop button. It is just the cutest thing!!

After my run, I showered up and we went and had lunch with Daddy. Used a gift card we got for Christmas at Applebee's and didn't have to spend much of anything! YEAH for free lunch!
Since lunch was pretty much free .... why not go shopping?!?! So, I took Little Dude to the mall and splurged on these cute Nike Running shorts that were on sale for $19.99 at Dick's Sporting Goods. I own way too many pairs of these shorts (my favorite) -- but love them -- and couldn't pass up this fun, new color combination! Now, which Bondi Band will match these?! Hmmmmmm...........

15 comments:

  1. A virtual race - such a cool idea! I've never heard of that, but love it! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh!! Cute shorts!! I love bright color shorts so lots of different tops will match :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work! and your shorts are so cute!!!

    I use to do the shred with my son, he use to say "don't phone it in mommy"....sometimes workouts with the little ones are heart warming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the virtual run- it seems like a fun way to run a race :). That is so cute that he brings you your drink- what a great little guy :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how after you had a nice long workout, you still went to the mall and shopped!

    great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness for our supportive little guys. Mine practically pushes me out the door so that he can "go for a run" in the jogger. And, like yours, he knows exactly where to find the diet coke for the end of my run.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son is too cute with the dew. I LOVE your boni band collection. - I have 4 boni bands (gave one to a friend at work) but NEED more - heck if I can't run - I can at least purchase running gear . . . . last saturday I purchased new Nike Pegasus running shoes. My feet will be so happy when I get back to running. I will make sure that the rest of my body has some cute stuff.

    Nice pace for the 7.64 miles. Enjoy the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that little dude gets your diet dew! How freakin adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're fast! Seriously. I was proud of myself for running at 5.0 for most of a run the other day on my treadmill. I tried 6 for about 1/2 a lap and was dying. LOL But I started out running at 4 so I guess it's an improvement. But wow...9.5...holy smokes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE IT!!!! Awesome!!!!
    lucky that you were inside and not outside.
    great job on the run!!! and thank u for participating! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job on your virtual run! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great virtual race!

    I LOVE those shorts. They are a great color combo!!!

    Your little guys is adorable. How sweet that he knows mommy is going to want her diet dew!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your son is a darling bringing your mt. dew!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your son is adorable! You made me laugh with your 6.6 MPH that you always start out with - I do the same thing on the treadmill - I always start out with 8.8 KM/hour. Something about those numbers being nice and symmetrical probably?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on the virtual race. 6.6 is more my max than my starting pace - that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete