-

-

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Oshkosh Half Marathon -- Met Another Bloggy Friend

Hubby was signed up to run the Oshkosh Half Marathon today. We reserved a hotel that was the host hotel and it was so close and convenient. All we had to do was take the elevator downstairs and head out the door. Didn't need to pack the kids and our bags up before the race and could check-out afterwards. We never had the opportunity to do that before.

Unfortunately, hubby's ankle was bothering him all week. He ran on it Thursday, but not on Friday or Saturday. We drove up to Oshkosh on Saturday and had some fun (or chaos!) with the kids, swam at the hotel and went to bed by 9:30. Unfortunately, his ankle got really swollen to the point that he could hardly walk. Unfortunately, he shut off the alarm sometime before the sun came up and we didn't get up for the race. BUMMER.

I had planned on meeting up with a bloggy friend. She left me a message that she was going to start the 5K and would look for me afterward, but wouldn't have her phone with her. The kids and I headed down to the finish with Daddy, hoping to see the 5K folks come in and the speedy winners of the half marathon come in about 30-45 mins later. It was chilly, but sunny and a great morning for a race. Suddenly, someone came over and asked if I was Jamie. She wasn't sure if it was me without my Bondi Band!!! :-)

I was lucky enough to be able to connect with Jen (aka Badgergirl). It was so nice to finally meet her. She ran the 5K at the event and was really happy with her time. I hope to be able to connect with her again at a triathlon she is doing in June, that hubby is also signed up for. Little Dude and Little Diva had to particpate in the fun and be included in our photo (never can miss a beat, you know .... !).

9 comments:

  1. Hope your hubby's ankle get better soon!
    Cute photo and it sounds like a good time was had despite the bum ankle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer hubbs wasn't able to run. I hope it isn't something serious.

    Great that you got to meet another running blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it when bloggers meet! Sending healing vibes to your husband's ankle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer that hubby wasn't able to run, but cool that you got to meet Jen. I'll be in Wisconsin the weekend of the Madison Mini and am trying to decide if I want to run it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Staying on site has a lot of perks. I'm sorry about your hubby's run but it looks like the kids had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope your hubby feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I've never met any of my bloggy friends (except ones I already knew in real life). I'd love to...seriously how great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was great meeting you!

    Sending some healing vibes to the hubby's ankle and I hope you guys enjoyed your stay in my construction-filled city!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about hubby's ankle. Hope it's getting better.

    Glad you got to meet up with a bloggy buddy :)!

    ReplyDelete