-

-

Monday, March 14, 2016

We snuggle as I towel off and cool down with her in my arms.

I've thoroughly been enjoying running on the treadmill as much as one can this winter.  On the days that I'm home with my little one, I've been enjoying a regular three to six miles daily.  Time goes by rather quickly.  I'm not dreading all of those miles running in place.  After the birth of my second child, I recall worrying about getting my run in, stopping the treadmill, comforting a fussy baby, stopping, starting again ... over and over again. 
 
This baby is so different.  She's been watching me since I started running again when she was 2.5 weeks old.  She sits in her bouncy seat with her little "buddies" and cuddles up with her blankie.  Occasionally, I need to help her find her pacifier again. But, usually she just sits there and watches.  Or eventually drifts off for a nap.  The dog has also been looking forward to seeing me open the basement door and following me downstairs.
 
I've really been enjoying hitting stop on the treadmill more than ever.  Now she gets such a sweet smile on her face when I reach down and pick her up and complete my cool down walk with her on the treadmill.  We snuggle as I towel off and cool down with her in my arms.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment