-

-

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A slower 2017 in snapshots.

I will still be writing about my running adventures on Running Diva Mom this year. But I also want to share my desire to focus and improve on other areas and relationships in my life in 2017. 
- saying "no"
- playing with my kids
- being a couple instead of parents
- connecting with my family, husband, parents, friends, clients
- slowing down
- having new experiences
 
I'm really hoping to turn off all devices and social media by 8:00 pm.  Unanswered texts and emails can always wait until the morning.  And no one is going to worry if I don't like their social media post.  I always pile my kids in bed for reading time at 8:00, followed by bed time.  I'm hoping to use my final hour of the day from 9:00-10:00 as quiet time for myself and for us as a couple.  This time will be used to journal, read, shower and hopefully get a few more minutes of shut-eye.  My husband and I also enjoy having financial and planning dates.  So I hope to have more of these too.  These are great times to connect and talk about our day without interruptions, plan our week, discuss races, schedule family vacations and get excited about upcoming events.

I thoroughly enjoy getting up early - to work, run and coach.  I am most productive from 5:00-9:00 am.  I am most creative from 10:00 am -1:00 pm.  Learning these things about myself and being aware of these peak hours, I'm hoping to design the best routine as possible to make me the strongest mother, wife and coach possible.  I also want to be honest and good to myself.
 
I will be posting daily images of my real-life accomplishments and struggles on the Running Diva Mom Facebook page.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment