-

-

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

All smiles during my miles

We have truly been blessed with the happiest baby.  I don't know if being the third child, if she just knows she needs to go with the flow?  Or if she is just that good-natured?  She's truly a blessing.  And that new smile is infectious.  I mean, come on .....
 
 
I've tried to include her in my running routine since I got back into the swing of things last month.  I am keeping her bouncy seat next to the treadmill, so that she can join me for my daily runs.  I think it's almost a blessing that our baby monitor doesn't get reception in the basement.  It's nice having her next to me while I workout.  When she's awake, it seems like she's just taking everything in and observing me.  I'm not sure how much she can actually see while she's sitting in her little infant seat.  But, soon enough she will realize that running is what mommy does.  That this is mommy's lifestyle.  She will see that I schedule my workouts just like anything else in life.  That mommy makes time for mommy - just like she takes time for her and her two older siblings.  She will see that mommy struggles with lacing up her shoes some days.  But that mommy feels better after she does it.
 
Quite often, she is all smiles during my miles ...
 
 
 
Even if she doesn't want to run herself someday, I hope that she will realize how important it is to take care of yourself.  I hope that she embraces a healthy and active lifestyle in some capacity.  And I hope that she finds an immense passion for something, like I have discovered through running.


1 comment: