-

-

Friday, October 3, 2014

Toss the donut

Small changes make a BIG difference!  Wednesday mornings are an opportunity for me to have a little alone time with Little Dude.  Little Diva needs to get to school early for an extra curricular activity, so I take the opportunity to take Little Dude to the gas station for a donut.  Every week he picks out a different one and enjoys every morsel.  This Wednesday, however, he picked my favorite - a cream filled long john.  And it was too much for him to finish before we returned to school.  He asked me to eat it or toss it.  He didn't want to get in trouble for bringing it into school - good boy!! 
 
 
I placed the donut in my lunch bag, got to work and laid it on my desk.  I enjoyed a few nibbles on the frosting with my coffee.  I looked at the donut and said to myself, "This isn't going to help me achieve my goals.", and then tossed it in the garbage can so that I wouldn't take another bite.  I then enjoyed my chocolate milk protein smoothie for breakfast.  I was full until lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment