-

-

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Couch to 5K Training Program

Over the past three years, I have lead more than 500 women in the Madison, Wisconsin area to their first 5K - and beyond.  Below is a sample nine week schedule that my training groups follow to complete their first 5K event.  This training program is truly a gentle introduction to running and is entirely customizable with additional walk breaks.  It is designed to take individuals off of the couch to running 3.1 miles in just nine short weeks - through intervals that increase in duration each week.  I recommend running or driving the course before race day, so that runners are aware of exactly how long the distance is and where the hills and finish line are physically located.
 
To sign up for one of my upcoming running groups, or to schedule an individual consultation or virtual coaching, please email me at runningdivamom@yahoo.com.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment