-

-

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pretty Princess Project -- Weigh-In #8



I'm still in reach of my goal of reaching 143 lbs by the Walt Disney World Princess Half Marathon on March 7. Today was weigh in #8 of my Pretty Princess Project. I lost 1.5 lbs this week and feel awesome! I woke up this morning and actually felt lighter. Only 13 days until we depart on our plane to Orlando!! I have four lbs to go. I really hope I can get to my goal by the time we leave. I'm not counting WW points right now, but for the past ten+ years I have looked at every regular/daily food I eat and take a mental note of it's POINTS value. I know that I've been consuming around 25-30 POINTS/day and earning 5-15+ activity POINTS daily.

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I was able to get a half marathon on the YMCA treadmill on Sunday. We splurged on a Chinese dinner and appetizers on our date Saturday night for Valentine's day. So, I'm hoping that I burned off those extra calories. I didn't even have a drink on Saturday or Sunday to celebrate Love Day. We went to the movie theater on Saturday and I brought a Kashi Bar that was loaded with protein and dietary fiber. They are super filling and really satisfy my sweet tooth. So, that was healthier (and cheaper!) than splurging on something at the snack counter.

I have really doing well not snacking at night and trying to read my body and really trying to eat when I'm actually hungry. I've tried slipping myself a lot of sugar-free gum during the day -- especially at work -- when I think I need to grab a snack. But, I think all I really want to do is chew on something.

January 1: 158.0 lbs
January 8: 153.0 lbs
January 15: 151.0 lbs
January 22: 150.5 lbs
January 29: 148.0 lbs
February 5: 147.5 lbs
February 12: 148.5 lbs
February 19: 147.0 lbs

Total Lost: 11.0 lbs
Goal Weight on March 7: 143 lbs
Normal Weight: 148 lbs
Lowest WW Weight: 143 lbs (January 2005)

Proud accomplishments this week:
- I ran outside for the first time on Thursday ... since mid-November!!! I decided to fit in a run while my daughter was at her 45 min hip-hop class. I was able to get in about 4 mi before I had to pick her up -- yeah!
- Stayed away from night-time snacking for the most part.
- I have been loading up on my favorite new small meal/snack twice a day. 1 c blueberries, 1 c fat-free yogurt, 1/3 c bare naked granola ... mmmmmm. The kids have been eating so many blueberries and we've been finding them for $2.50 a pint at Super Walmart. I bought six pints on Sunday and they are already gone by Friday morning!!!

8 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Keep it going girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to your blog (thanks for following mine)! Good luck with the Disney Princess Half. I hope to do a Disney half one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I want to start REALLY watching my WW points starting next week and hope to lose 10 lbs by April 11th (my first 1/2) Do you think this is realistic?
    I want to join the WW online, and hope this helps me keep on track.
    Again great job and good luck with your 1/2 (as a princess!) So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blueberries too! Keep up the great work! I have been doing my own Princess Project which is going less than awesome haha I've gotta step it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog, and I'll be at the Princess Half too! Congrats on the weight loss... wow, those are some quick, impressive numbers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Look at those numbers--they don't lie! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're getting so close now. Great work. Those last 4 lbs are so doable by March 7th

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with the eating, weight and work outs. Sounds like you're on track to reach your goals and have a great race!

    ReplyDelete