-

-

Friday, April 29, 2016

REST | REFRESHED | RUN

After being exhausted this past week, my body finally caved and I was cursed with a cold. I wasn't sure if I was hoping if it was allergies or just being sick. But I was exhausted. I went to bed very eary on Wednesday night and last night I crashed at 7:45pm while rocking my baby to sleep. 
 
However today ... I woke up refreshed and ready to rock my day!! The alarm went off at 4am this morning (yes, 4am!) for a run with some former clients, Laura and Cheryl. I jumped out of bed rested and motivated to start my Friday. My morning was going to be full (the good kind of busy!) and I was going to start my day with a 5am run with some clients (who I like to call friends!). I pumped, got dressed, ate breakfast and drove the next town over for a 5-ish mile run on my favorite trail. We caught up, I returned some borrowed maternity clothes and we got in a few miles at sunrise. And, we ran a 10 min/mile pace. BAM!

 
Sometimes, you just have to listen to your body. If it is telling you to slow down, do it. Take it easy on yourself. Sometimes putting your to do list off until tomorrow is just what your body needs. I thoroughly enjoyed going to bed early, cuddling and falling asleep before the sun completely set.
My Friday morning was filled with many things that make me happy and I was full of energy to tackle it all. Lesson learned. I even stepped on the scale for the first time in a couple weeks and have lost another 3.5 lbs since returning to work. Wow, I wasn't ready for that! 1.5 lbs til I reach my pre-baby weight and 10 more pounds til goal. And I wasn't even "trying".
I'm loving this lifestyle.  Loving this life.  And I appreciate that it's mine.  I will continue to listen to my body and be thankful for what it does for me - each and every day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment