-

-

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Diabetes Results

Well, I had quite a scare yesterday. A pretty big one. After my third pregnancy with gestational diabetes, I had to do some follow-up testing at the clinic this week. Just to make sure it went away again this time. On Friday morning, I received my electronic lab results. I checked my results and they stated that my fasting results were NORMAL. And they stated that my two hour glucose tolerance results were ABNORMAL. I started shedding tears immediately as my husband consoled me over our morning coffee. As much as I have changed my lifestyle, apparently things were out of my control. And I was going to have to deal with the diabetic diet and finger pricking for the rest of my life?! My doctor had said that after having one pregnancy with gestational diabetes that my chances of being diagnosed with diabetes later in life would be about fifty percent. Now having had three pregnancies with diabetes, my chances were even higher. I felt at a complete loss.
 
Not seeing complete results online, I sent a message to my doctor's office for more information. It turns out that my second numbers were actually lower than normal versus higher than normal (as they were during my pregnancies). So, my doctor concluded that my "abnormal results" were actually normal and within a healthy range.
Thank goodness. What an emotional roller coaster.
After receiving the results, I decided that I definitely need to continue to work on cleaning up my diet and supplement all of the exercise and running that I do. I also need to continue to push myself and challenge my body. This was a wake-up call that I need to be the healthiest version of me.
 

 
Today at 5 1/2 weeks post-partum, I logged my longest run yet this month - eight friggin miles. Eight miles with 11 additional pounds of baby weight. Eight miles of determination while wearing my new Her Half Marathon & 5K Ambassador jacket. Eight miles with three kids at home that got 100% of my time during the rest of the day. Eight miles for me.
 

3 comments:

  1. Yay mamma!!!!
    Glad to hear you are diabetes free and glad to hear you rocked out 8 miles less than 6 wks pp!!!!!!!
    Keep it up chica!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for some good quality socks. My husband ordered a few online, seeing a good review. Though at first, I didn't pay that much attention, cause I thought it will be low quality, as the price was very less. But after trying this out, I was really amazed by the quality and I felt they are best yoga socks for me. It is so good and really comfortable to use and wash. They are providing the premium quality one, within a very reasonable price. They have many designs and pattern socks, from half-toe to separated toe.

    ReplyDelete