-

-

Sunday, November 15, 2015

I may have over-done it today?!?! Maybe.

I'm not sure what was crazier today ... that I ran five miles at 34 weeks pregnant, logged 15+ miles and 32,000+ steps on my Garmin Vivofit ... or that I ran in a tank top!?!?  It was 62 degrees when I checked today.  November 15 in Wisconsin.  Absolutely amazing!!!! And, absolutely beautiful!!!!  I can't say it enough ... I am so thankful that we have been blessed with a beautiful fall.  It has allowed us to enjoy the outdoors and continue to be active through each week and month that passes.
 
 
Today started with a coffee day with a client that I've been blessed to cross paths with many times over the past couple of years.  Sara made Little Diva #2 this beautiful blanket.  I can't wait to have her in my arms next month and wrap her up in this.  I have the most amazing clients and can't thank Sara enough for her thoughtfulness and the time that went into this creation.
 
 
The day followed with a trip to one of my favorite places in the area - Pheasant Branch Conservancy in Middleton.  There are miles and miles of paved and gravel trail in Middleton.  The trail varies with hills, streams, mini waterfalls, bridges, forest and prairie.  It's absolutely amazing.  We took our dog out with us today for a slow hike and logged about five miles through the Conservancy.  It was so peaceful and there were so many people out today.  We loved it so much, and we didn't want to leave .... but I had to pee .... a few times.  This baby is really doing a number on my bladder these days!
 
I'm approaching 34 weeks this week and still can't believe I'm moving as much as I am right now.  I realized last night that with Little Diva, that I was put on bed rest two weeks from now and gave birth to her a week later.  Things are right around the corner!!!
 
There was about another hour of daylight left when we returned home.  Since I had my running clothes on all day, I decided to head out for a quick run for an undetermined amount of miles.  I immediately lost my lightweight jacket and enjoyed my comfortable maternity tank top.  I can't believe I was running outside in a tank top mid-November.  It's insane, really.  I loved it.  I felt pretty great today while I ran.  My bladder continued to be full and I occasionally felt some pressure.  A few knots in my calves, but nothing terrible like I've felt previously.  I ended up winding around my neighborhood a couple of times and finished with about five miles in just over one hour.  It was gorgeous and I arrived home just as the sun was setting.
 
 
After, dinner we opted to take the dog for another long walk.  The sky was clear, it was pitch black out (so sad so early!!), but it was still pretty comfortable outside.  We logged a few more miles and I ended the day with over 15 miles on my Garmin Vivofit.  I was sore and waddling the entire time.  I even had to stop and stretch out a few times.  I swear it felt like I ran a marathon today.  The same muscles are strained and sore.  It was a reallllllllly slow walk, but it felt good to keep moving.
 
I hope we finally tired the dog out today.  I know that I am wiped ... and sore.  I may have over-done it today?!?!  Maybe.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment