-

-

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

25 Weeks Pregnant - 6 miles with the Pup

Well, week number 25 is here.  Only 15 weeks or less to go until the little one is here.  I enjoyed a short family run on Saturday and then took the past two days off of running.  Even though we walked a lot (over 25,000 steps on Sunday), while spectating Ironman Wisconsin.  My back was aching a lot from walking on Sunday and I opted not to get my short evening run in and rest.
 
Someone is exhausted - this time it isn't me!
 
 
September is my favorite month of the year.  I love the change of seasons, the routines that set in and the beauty of life this time of year.  The cooler weather is always welcome, however things are warming up here again.  We have a gorgeous forecast this week.  I headed out for a few miles with the pup this morning.  I was expecting 2-3 miles on our usual route.  But, after my pretty typical painful 1-2 miles, I felt great after 25 minutes.  I don't know what it is about this baby, but .... my LEGS!  My calves are seriously on fire for the first 20-30 minutes of a run.  After that, I'm my normal self again and in my running zone.  I just have to keep reminding myself of that - every single time I head out the door.  The pup and I did a few loops around the neighborhood, he had to stop and pee about um-teen times and we stopped to get him water twice.  It was a really relaxing - and really exhilarating six miles when all was said and done.  I actually could have kept going this morning, but I am also coaching this evening. 
 

Not a shabby six miles

He has a love/hate relationship with running, too.
I recently loaded a few of my favorite Imagine Dragons tunes onto my ipod and those tunes really kept me pumped during the last couple of miles.  I will be posting a playlist soon.
I just registered hubby and I up for a race this fall.  I felt like I needed something on my calendar to keep me going.  I didn't want to spend money on a 5K and I didn't want to spend excessive fees for a very slow half marathon (not knowing how I'll feel later this fall).  So, I registered us for the Fall 15K (9 is miles) in Madison next month.  It will be a great way to keep me motivated and it will keep hubby refresh his legs after running Lakefront Marathon in Milwaukee in a few weeks.  The best part is that this race is only $15 and fits perfectly with our budget, too.  I've run this race a few times prior.  Parts of it are pretty with the changing of the fall colors and other parts are kind of boring.  But, it will be nice to get out of our neighborhood and race (or something close to racing!).
 
25 weeks pregnant with #3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment