-

-

Friday, August 31, 2012

Updated the Playlist

I purchased the iPod Nano last summer and love it. One of the best purchases I've made.  I never ran with music prior to last August.  And, it's changed my attitude during my long runs.  It's motivated me when I needed it.  And it makes time go by faster.  I initially purchased a Slap Case, similar to the one pictured (HERE).  I would pop the Nano in the Slap Case.  It was bulky, but comfortable on my fist.  I was annoyed, because it was sometimes hard to change the volume (buttons were covered), and the Nano would pop out of the case often.  It was stretched out from my daily use and taking the Nano in and out.
 
One of my Couch to 5K clients had purchased a new version of the Nano holder, a wristband (HERE).  Instead of being a "slap wrist" style, this wrapped around the wrist and secured like a watch.  Also, the Nano slid in and snapped onto the watch band, instead of popping in.  Super secure.  I tried it for the first time at my half marathon last weekend and really loved it.  Much more functional and less bulky.  There were several colors available, when I made my purchase at Target for $25.  Happy they had pink.  A really good investment in my runs.
 
 
I also took some time to make some additions to my playlist recently.  These have really kept me moving lately.  I love hip hop and old school rap as well as a mixture of pop and Top 40.  It's a good thing I have my headphones in, because many of them are not kid-friendly.
 
Additions to my workout playlist:
 
Forgot About Dre (feat. Eminem) 3:42 Dr. Dre 
It Takes Two 5:02 DJ EZ Rock & Rob Base
Lean Back 4:12 Terror Squad, Fat Joe & Remy
The Time (Dirty Bit) 4:11 The Black Eyed Peas
Boombastic (Sting Mix) 4:21 Shaggy
Drop It Low 3:10 Ester Dean & Chris Brown
Whistle 3:45 Flo Rida Whistle
Snapbacks & Tattoos 3:30 Driicky Graham
Rolling in the Deep (125 BPM Drum & Vox Mix) 4:25 DJ Dizzy
Empire State of Mind (feat. Alicia Keys) 4:37 Jay-Z
The Next Episode (feat. Snoop Dogg) 2:42 Dr. Dre
Lip Gloss 3:40 Lil Mama Lip Gloss
Wobble 5:24 V.I.C.
Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem) 3:58 Jay-Z
Wild Ones (feat. Sia) 3:54 Flo Rida Wild Ones (feat. Sia)
Too Close 4:17 Alex Clare
Give Your Heart a Break 3:25 Demi Lovato
Where Have You Been 4:03 Rihanna
Back In Time (From "Men In Black III") 3:26 Pitbull
What Makes You Beautiful 3:19 One Direction 

5 comments:

  1. Love the idea of this! But I have one question! How do the headphones attached to your wrist work? Is it irritating having the cord go across from you wrist to ears? Just curious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just participated in my first 5K, yesterday. What a difference the right song can make. Happy to hav found your blog, as I hope to runmore often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered running with music too, and it's made running much easier. Nowadays I run with my android listening to my music and Runkeeper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a first time reader here! I'm training for my first half marathon and need new songs on my playlist!!! Thanks for sharing this. I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I've learned a lot and been plenty motivated.

    ReplyDelete