-

-

Thursday, August 9, 2012

North Face VaporWick Collection Review from OnlineShoes.com

I recently tested out some fabulous Women's North Face Clothing from OnlineShoes.com.  I love fun running gear that is also super functional. withmy lifestyle.  I wore this stuff around the clock. 

I wore the Impact Support Tank on several runs ... long and short, including an eighteen miler.  I tried it out on the long run first.  I know that they say never to try something new on a long run or on race day.  But, I figured, what the heck.  How better to test it it out.  And, the top worked perfectly for my long run.  I love racerback tanks ... the look ... how they keep you supported and stay in place.  Sometimes my curves are too much for these fitted tanks and they ride up.  But, the length was long enough that I didn't have to keep pulling it down, over my mama tummy.  It kept me really cool, on several 90 degree days.  I also wore it with running skirts and out to lunch, paired with yoga pants.  Loved all of the combinations.  Loved the color.  I tried out a size medium and was happy with the fit.  The built-in bra worked wonderfully and I didn't experience any chaffing or abnormal rubbing.  The bra did fit quite snug and left lines under my chest, but nothing out of the normal with this style of running top.  Supports cup sizes A-C.


The Women's North Face Clothing that I was sent was super versatile.  Perfect for running, walking, yoga, or any other kind of active you enjoy doing.  I loved the outfit with the jacket and without.  I can't wait to wear the jacket on runs and walks this fall.  It will be the perfect, colorful layering piece.  The VaporWick fabrice utilizes hydrophobic fiber capillary action, to wick moisture form the athlete's skin and transports it to the fabric's outer surface, where it can evaporate.  This worked even better than some of my other moisture-wicking running gear.  It kept me cooler and comfortable.


I wasn't sure how I was going to like the Womens North Face Tadasana Capris.  These were also from the VaporWick collection.  I'm not a huge fan of running tights or capris.  They tend to snug me in all the wrong places and emphasize my "flaws".  However, these pleasantly surprised me.  They held me in and snugged me in all of the RIGHT places.  When paired with the tank, they really smoothed out my tummy and made me feel and look taller and more slender.  I really look forward to running in these this fall. 

I'd love to try out some North Face Shoes sometime, too.  I saw the selection at the North Face Store, when I ran with Dean Karnazes last month.  And some of the styles and colors made me drool post-run.  I wonder how they stack up next to the other brands out there.  Has anyone tried them?


2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you! I love the North Face running clothes! They think of the best ideas before anyone else. Example: gu pocket in the seam of the running top, ipod pocket in the shorts underneath a skirt...with a hole for the headphone wire to go through :) The fit is awesome nice and long just like you said. The only trouble is I can only afford a couple..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 3 NF jackets for running. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete