-

-

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Running/Marathon Scrapbook Supplies


I use to be a frequent (and obsessed!) scrapbooker before I had my children. Sadly, now that I have subjects to document, and now that I have taken up running in just as an obsessed fashion, I never get around to actually documenting our photos in albums. That doesn't mean that I don't take hundreds (literally!) of photos every month.




After I completed my first (and only to date) full marathon last year, I purchased some supplies to document my journey. And over a year later I still haven't completed a page for that album. I need to do this and it is on my list of 'things to do while we're couped up inside all winter long'.




Does anyone else create albums for their races?






It looks like in the past year, several more patterns and page accents have become available. If anyone is interested, I came across three pages of papers, stickers and page accents at Scrappinstuff.com: http://www.scrappinstuff.com/store/track-field-c-55

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting on my blog! I was also a scrapbooker before I had kids, I started a race scrapbook but never finished it. Now, my oldest is 5 and I still haven't started scrapbooking again...not even the baby books! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I planned to create an album dedicated just to my races. I even bought a book and paper. It's been a year and I haven't started yet. I hope to start on it when I take a chunk of time off from work this winter. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara has made me a scrapbook for all of my races. She goes to Scrapbookers on the West Side. It's called scrapmania and they have all of the tools and supplies there so whatever you need it's at your disposal. It's usually on Friday or Saturdays. You should go with Sara sometime they seem to have a blast and my book is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an album just for my races. It gives me a place to put my race bib, a metal (if I get one) and if I blogged about the race, I print that out and include it too. By including the blog page, I don't have to journal. I also write my time right on the bib, usually after the race so I don't have to look it up. I am 2 races behind with another one on Sunday so I better get working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am scrapbooking a album for my 6 year old granddaughter as a journal of this adventure. She has been running since she was 2 years old and loves it with a passion. Her goal is to run a 5k in all 50 states. I am having trouble finding "running scrapbook" items too! I am surprised since running is so popular. Hannah has a blog site of her own too. It is 5kin50states. Check it out! If you find other places for running scrapbook stuff please let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter started running last year and has since ran 3 1/2 marathons and just finished her first Chicago full marathon. Being an avid scrapper I was looking for marathon stickers, paper, etc and had a heck of a time. Just ordered some on line from the Crafters market. They look awesome and cant wait to receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A few months ago I started scrapbooking my races. So glad I am doing it. Gives me warm fuzzies each time I look at it. Having a hard time finding running items too. Would love to see a sight totally dedicated to running and scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete