-

-

Monday, July 4, 2016

This bench.

This bench.
 
 
I have noticed this bench every time I'm out running on my favorite trail.  I've probably seen it two to three dozen times, as I go running by at my  middle-of-the-pack pace.  My favorite running locations are filled with little gems like this.  Quaint little spots that overlook the trail, little streams or scenic outlooks.  My favorite running trails are most likely my favorite spots to run because of these cute added elements.  I often run past, thinking how nice it would be to sometime take a break from life, grab a bottle of water or a coffee with a book.  And just sit and read.  Or watch nature pass by.  Possibly cuddle up with someone close to me and pause life for a bit.  But, who has time for that?
 
Well, yesterday I did.
 
 
I scheduled some time alone with Little Diva.  We went out to our favorite trail.  We took a bag filled with a blanket, our current reads from the library, a camera, some raspberries, and a Starbucks drink in hand.  We laid out the blanket and talked and laughed and read a bit under the afternoon sun.  By the bench that I so often passed by.
 
Unfortunately, the one thing that I forgot to pack was bug spray!  As the mosquitos decided that we were just having so much fun that they wanted to join us.  So our visit was cut short.  But it was the experience and the hike to our spot that made it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment