-

-

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Constant Cravings

Cravings.  I don't recall craving too many foods with my other two pregnancies.  I do remember not being able to eat hamburger meat for several months, due to the smell and texture.  And also recall seeking out the best chicken Caesar salad in town.  Other than that, not too much stands out.
 
I feel absolutely great this pregnancy.  Not too many complaints.  I haven't been sick.  I have had plenty of energy.  Sometimes I still have to remind myself that I'm pregnant.  I've gained 3.8 lbs so far and just started my second trimester.  I ran a full marathon this past Saturday and am still planning on coaching couch to 5K classes in moderation through October.  This was my tenth marathon, my husband's fifth, and baby GIRL's first.
 
Recovery after Saturday's marathon has been the easiest of any of my ten marathons. I'm crediting that to my slow pace and the comfortable temperatures. My body and legs aren't that sore.
However, after a bought of exhaustion yesterday (not while running), my husband has reminded me that just because I feel amazing and strong during this pregnancy, that it doesn't mean that I should be pushing myself to my usual limits. I'm not one to sit down, one to rest, one to put things off to the next day. I'm a go-getter.
 
I've decided NOT to pace a half marathon this upcoming weekend and take the next couple of weeks EASY. Still running - just getting some short and mid-distance runs in for myself. But, I will be listening to my body (and my husband!).
 
Oh yeah, cravings ...
Baby Number Three is making me crave:

Cottage Cheese (tub after tub after tub)
Greek Yogurt
Egg Salad
Anything creamy (see 1, 2 and 3 above)
Red Grapes
Oranges
Potato Chips
Ice Water
 
Baby Number Three is causing me not to like:
Decaf Coffee (I guess I'll be saving money on Starbuck's!)
Beef and Chicken (occasionally)
 
 
 
Having had gestational diabetes with my other two children, I'm determined not to have to take my blood sugars four times daily during this pregnancy.  I understand limiting my carbs, but I had a difficult time also limiting my fruits, yogurt and other "healthy sweets" with my other two babies.  I eat a ton of fruit during the day and really enjoy it.  I was diagnosed early - around 13 weeks with Little Dude, since I had the history with Little Diva.  I was already tested once during this pregnancy  and passed.  I will be tested again during the second trimester and lastly at the usual 28 week benchmark.  I'm praying to the health gods that I pass - for my baby's sake and mine. 
 
In the meantime, I will keep moving and a grooving with my Bondi Band on and my tub of cottage cheese in hand.
 

1 comment:

  1. I know one person's yuck is another person's yum but I just can't do cottage cheese!!

    ReplyDelete