-

-

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Kid-Friendly Running Tunes

When I'm running with my headphones, I'm typically listening to some explicit, nasty lyrics.  The better the beat, the dirtier the lyrics, the faster I seem to run.  When some of those words come through on my headphones, I have to laugh at what I'm listening to.  But, it's what keeps me going.

However, when I plug my ipod into my treadmill speakers for a short run, and the kids are home and closeby - I can't listen to my typical playlist.  And, with Little Diva recently taking an interest in treadmill running, I've had to provide her with some fun running tunes, too.

I've had to create an additional "kid-friendly running tunes" playlist.  This has included some great remakes of our favorites Top 40 hits on various Kidz Bop CDs (HERE).




But, some of my favorites have also made the playlist:

My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light Em Up) 3:09 Fall Out Boy
Anything Could Happen 4:47 Ellie Goulding
Carry On 4:38 Fun.
Change 3:18 Churchill Change
Feel Again 3:06 OneRepublic
Hold On 3:46 Alabama Shakes
I Will Wait 4:37 Mumford & Sons
One More Night 3:39 Maroon 5
Paradise 4:38 Coldplay
Some Nights 4:37 Fun.
We Are Young (feat. Janelle Monáe) 4:11 Fun. 

Catch My Breath 4:10 Kelly Clarkson
Hello 3:56 Karmin
Daylight 3:46 Maroon 5
I Knew You Were Trouble 3:40 Taylor Swift
Girl On Fire 3:45 Alicia Keys
Call Me Maybe 3:13 Carly Rae Jepsen 


No comments:

Post a Comment