-

-

Sunday, January 23, 2011

my play list that helps me pound my feet to the beat

People always ask me how I can log sooooo many miles on my treadmill. B-O-R-I-N-G ......... It helps that I have a tv tuned into some reality tv while I'm logging the miles. But, usually that is just a small distraction and I keep the sound down or muted. I get lost with my thoughts and only look over at the tv every once in awhile. I love cranking up the itunes while I'm running and drowning out the sound of the tv.


Here are some of the tunes on my current workout playlist. I hope that you will find some new favorites to get you pumped and keep you going mile after mile. Most are upbeat tunes. But, some are slower and have a great beat and rhythm that helps me "dance" to the music. The kids love how I pound my feet to the beat. I have a slight obsession with Rhianna right now, if you couldn't tell.


Airplanes - BoB
Love the Way You Lie - Eminem/Rhianna
Bulletproof - La Roux
Whip my Hair - Willow
Impossible - Shontelle
Billionaire - Travie McCoy
OMG - Usher
Boombastic - Shaggy
Letting Go (Dutty Love) - Sean Kingston
King of Anything - Sara Bareilles
New Soul - Yael Naim
Raining Men - Rhianna
What's My Name? - Rhianna
Only Girl (In the World) - Rhianna
Love Like Woe - The Ready Set
Animal - Neon Trees
Just a Dream - Nelly
Firework - Katy Perry
Like a G6 - Far East Movement
F**K You - Cee Lo Green
Grenade - Bruno Mars
That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings
Imma Be - Black Eyed Peas
Ridin' Solo - Jason Derulo
Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z
Hard - Rhianna
Wait Your Turn - Rhianna
G4L - Rhianna
Rockstar 101 - Rhianna
Fire Bomb - Rhianna
Stupid in Love - Rhianna

Have any favorites you wanna share!?
What gets you pumped?

15 comments:

  1. This may sound funny, but I love to listen to disco when I run! My neighbor was cracking up at me yesterday when I left the house for 5 miles belting out, "If I can't have you! I don't want nobody, babaaaay, if I can't have you, uh-huh!"

    :)

    She needed entertainment as she raked leaves, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My playlist looks just about identical! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm always looking for new music. I noticed you have bulletproof by La Roux. In for the Kill is another awesome some for running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot of these songs on my playlist. A song that I just discovered that really gets me going is "Run This Town" by Jay-Z, Rhianna and Kanye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love some Ke$ha for getting all motivated. We R who we R is my current fave. I really can't stand her, but that does get you moving. And Teenage Dream by Katy Perry

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have about the same taste in running tunes!! Thanks for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny ... I've been wanting to ask you to start a list of like this. Your list is missing a little GNR ... but still, nice to have a few ideas for my own iPod.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like listening to Top 40 while I run (there is the odd exception). I'd far rather run to 90s grunge/rock. My local radio station has a 90s Brunch on Sundays right when I do my long runs so it's perfect, except for the ads... Maybe it's just because it reminds me of high school?

    I love Pearl Jam's Backspacer from 2009 - excellent for tempo runs as there are only a couple of slow songs on the album.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have sensored versions of those songs. Some of them are quite explicit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome list! I don't run to music any more, but I'm sure that your playlist would keep me moving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been hooked on Rihanna lately too! You have to check out, "Who's That Chick" by Rihanna/David Guetta. It gets me pumped and dancing, I even upped my treadmill speed tonight all because of that song!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Bulletproof... great song! May I recommend Remember the Name by Fort Minor. That's one of my favorite running songs. I also like Touch Peel and Stand by Days of the New, but that's more hard rock/grunge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clearly, we are going through similar situations, our playlists are nearly identical. F you by Ceelo? Genius.
    I'll add So What by Pink, Gives you He'll by All American Rejects and I will Survive by Cake

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Raise your Glass by Pink, which someone already said and Dirty Bit by Black Eyed Peas.

    ReplyDelete