-

-

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Miles for November

November was an uneventful month race-wise. But, a big month personally, related to goals. I pounded out all of my miles on my new treadmill and loved every moment. I completed a half marathon on my treadmill, as well as a nine mile run on the treadmill while home alone with both kiddos. I have surpassed my goal of running 1,400 miles for the year and am on to my next goal of 1,600 miles. I gradually increased my mileage again this month as well as incorporating longer "cool downs" after my runs and playing with the incline on the treadmill as I recover. I'm already seeing a difference in my pants and how my clothes fit. And, I'm happy to report that I've lost all eight pounds I gained after my marathon in early-October (more on that soon).

November: 116.1
October: 105.9
September: 132.1
August: 158.9
July: 150.5
June: 101.8
May: 163.9
April: 145.2
March: 115.9
February: 116.7
January: 132.5

Total for 2010: 1,439.4

Miles 'til 1,400 mileage goal: ZERO!

2 Long Runs in November: 13.1 miles, 9 miles (all on the treadmill)

16 comments:

  1. good job!!!
    have a great December :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Totally impressed! Way to go! Half marathon on a treadmill, you have serious mental strength. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know what I would do without my treadmill! Are you a morning runner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super impressed that you are able to run that much on the treadmill! Amazed and impressed. You rock! Great job on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you do other workouts besides running?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job this month!! That is awesome that you got a treadmill and that you can run while still being with your kids:) Awesome job on losing the post marathon weight:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rock!!! Congrats on looser clothing!! :)

    How do you power through a half marathon on a treadmill?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kudos on a fabulous on a fabulous month (and year)!

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! Can you please send some motivation my way???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go!!! I'm with Laura...can you send me some motivation? When I run on the treadmill, which is a staple now that winter is descending, I have to play with the speed and incline or else I go batty! The longest I ran on a treadmill was 19 miles because I was in the middle of training for Boston and the roads were iced over with no end in sight...I had to restart it twice...not the best run but felt inspired as people walked by me at the gym saying..."You're still going?!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the awesome mileage....I know how awesome it feels to get where you want to be.

    I did a 15 and 20 miler on the treadmill last month and I know how tough it can be so great job sticking to it and doing those long runs!!!

    ReplyDelete