-

-

Friday, March 19, 2010

New Running Shoes & Awesome Findings in My Mailbox

I was contacted months ago to see if I would be interested in reviewing Run Like a Mother, a new book that was being released in the Spring of 2010. I was so ecstatic. Well, the little bugger arrived at my doorstep when we returned from vacation last week. I started reading it over the past week and totally identify it and can't wait to share my thoughts with you when I'm done. From page #1, this book reads like my life ... just like most of you running moms ... juggling run and "life". Totally amazing. There has been a lot of buzz in bloggy world as several of you are reading this right now ... I can't wait to read your reviews.

I had my annual physical this morning. My dad was watching Little Dude while I was gone. Luckily I was in and out in 20 mins -- how often does that happen?!?! With my upcoming marathon training, I was in need of a new pair of Brooks Adrenaline, so I stopped at a running store just up the street from my clinic. I had never been there and was excited to browse. I felt all "experienced" telling the store clerk exactly what brand, model and size I needed -- I've been through about 10 pairs now. I giggled a little inside. I usually have had pretty boring colors available to me and usually purchase an older model off of the internet. So, this was a nice treat to me ... especially when the sales clerk brough out these babies .........

They are pink and fabulous and I love the geometric, floral shapes on the side. I will be really sad when these wear down!! Can't wait to try them out after the kiddos go to bed tonight. It is absoulutely awesome having new, comfy little pillows under your feet, isn't it?!?!


Then, I arrived home and there was a nice package from Nicole in my mailbox.

She sent me a really sweet note card with a really sweet note inside along with some fun Disney Princess stickers. I laughed out loud when I saw the little running mom and daughter in matching leopard print running skirts with leopard print bondi bands!! I couldn't believe it!! The other cool thing she included was a runner with a rhinestone tiara.

I can't wait to do something special with my photos from the Disney 1/2 Marathon. Nicole, you are so incredibly sweet, talented and awesome!!


Oh yeah, I coudn't just pick up my awesome new kicks at the running store, I picked up some fun and fashionable running shorts as well as some new nutrition to try out.

It will be fun to try something new, while I'm out on those 20 mile training runs over the next couple of months.

Honey Stinger Organic Energy Chews in Cherry Blossom -- Have you tried these?! The gal at the counter raved about them. Maybe she does love them; maybe she was just trying to make a sale?!

Power Bar Energy Gel Blasts in Raspberry -- these look oh, so yummy! Should be a nice treat.

18 comments:

  1. sounds like a great book and definately something that i could realte to, can't wait to hear your review.
    Love love love your new shoes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fun things all at once! Love the new shoes...and the shorts are pretty darn cute too. You are going to be "bursting with style" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New shoes are the BEST and yours are too cute and girlie. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shoes! And the shorts are pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooks Adrenaline are my absolute FAV's! I'm going to get that pair next month when I hit Seattle for a quick visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Hubbs just bought me those gel blast chews. I'm going to give them a shot and see how I like them on my training run tomorrow. Very cute stuff for your scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those lil paper runners came all the way from FL. And we thought WE knew how to put in miles :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some nice looking Adrenelines! I recently switched from the Adrenalines to the Trances. I hope you love them. Also, let me know how you like the gel blasts. I have tried the cola and lemon ones. They are pretty good, but a bit too chewy. Cute stuff all around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You hit the mother load. Love the shoes and the book is awesome. You are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun Fun Fun - I love getting new gear especially shoes . . . 'cause your feet feel soooooo good after a run. I have purchased my shoes from that same store for years. I have run in Nike Pegasus for (I think) over 10 years. Love them - but last summer while training for the 1/2 marathon I decided my feet needed a second pair of shoes and thought I would try something different. So I purchased Brooks Ravenna's. Even though I liked them in the store - I wasn't thrilled with them (I know I could return them - but didn't) after I started running in them - they felt a little too firm for me. But over the winter they became my fav's . . . maybe my Nike's are worn out . . . and that is why I like them now.
    I really LOVE having two different shoes to run in - I don't usually do that . . . because of the cost.
    ENJOY the snow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice shoes. i need new ones as well. i went to the store last week and was looking at brooks as well.
    let us know how they are!

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the book!
    Really cute shoes!
    Honey Stinger chews are my fave! Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have yet to leave a running store with just 1 item. Sigh. But you've got some great finds! Those shoes are mighty nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the shoes!!!! Is it crazy that we get more ga-ga eyed over running shoes than high heels??

    ReplyDelete
  15. The shoes are cute! I'm so interested in that book, hope it comes to stores everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the new shoes! That is awesome about your gift in the mail...mail is sooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the new shoes and I am so there with little pillows under your feet...The best feeling ever :)!

    I've been meaning to try the Stinger products as I can't find a product that actually gives me energy. Can't wait to hear how you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the powerbar chews. They taste great, but they are a bit hard to chew during a run...I have to bite off a little at a time from each chew as I eat them and just swallow them without chewing too much!

    ReplyDelete