-

-

Friday, December 16, 2016

The doctor's scale.

Oh you know ... that time when you went to the doctor's office for your annual physical - and you were actually EXCITED about stepping on the scale.  Yeah, that really happened.  I took off my heavy winter coat and boots and was down twenty-six pounds from my postpartum appointment.  And down eleven pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.  No cringing or looking-away this morning.
 



 
This year has been a time of transformation again for me.  Every year of adulthood, I have struggled with my weight.  Up and down and up and down.  I was 39 weeks pregnant and awaiting the arrival of Baby Diva last year at this time.  At my postpartum appointment I had started running again, but was still struggling.  Coaching and training for all of my own races this year have really motivated me to get rid of the baby weight this year.  I'm just trying to decide what's next - to keep me motivated.

In the meantime, I'm feeling comfortable in almost everything I wear.  I can't express how awesome it feels to put on a pair of pants and feel great in them.  I'll never be a twig; I will always have stretchmarks and there are still parts of my body that I need to work on.  But I am happy with me.  Yup, I said that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment