-

-

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Running Diva Mom's 2016

2016 was a crazy year - and a crazy good year for me at Running Diva Mom.  I returned to running on January 10 at just 2 1/2 weeks post-partum.  I didn't really have any personal goals for myself or my running.  I just wanted to get the baby weight off and get that high back from running long distances. I spent my final twelve weeks of maternity leave increasing my mileage on our treadmill at home with Baby Diva alongside me.

I pumped exclusively for 10 1/2 months. Baby Diva was having trouble latching.  This also became the best scheduling option for our family since I was constantly coming and going with work, my business and Little Diva and Little Dude's activities.  So, I juggled 6-8 pumping sessions a day with working as an office manager half-time, growing my coaching business - typically coaching 5-12 times per week, transporting the kids to school and activities - and then there was my own training, too.  

As soon as the weather warmed up, we invested in a nice B.O.B jogging stroller and she joined me for most of my runs and even several of my running groups.  She really enjoyed taking in the scenery and the movement of the stroller; often getting most of her morning naps in on-the-move.

I started running in 2005 and this was by far my highest mileage year - by several hundred miles.  I finished the year with 1,429.9 miles.  In past years, there were very few months in eleven years where I reached close to 150 miles in a single month - this year there were five months with substantial base.

January - 56
February - 104.5
March - 80.1
April - 91.15
May - 107.85
June - 113.8
July - 148.6
August - 147.1
September - 176.6
October - 170.8
November - 145.1
December 88.3

I finished six half marathons, two full marathons; including one weekend of back-to-back half and full marathons.



I lead many, many couch to 5K groups, two 10K groups, a half marathon class, stroller classes and a introductory class for children and pre-teen girls.  I helped clients locally and across the country complete 5Ks, 10Ks, half marathons and full marathons through virtual coaching and personal training sessions.  I also started virtual accountability groups for running accountability, challenges and weightloss.  In November, I opened the doors to a small running studio, to help hold my clients accountable throughout the year.

My knowledge and words were printed in Runners's World Magazine. I started doing freelance articles and blogging for a local organization.  I became more consistent with my own blogging again and enjoyed getting my thoughts and words documented.

I also somehow managed to read sixteen books this year:

  • Let it Snow - John Green
  • Happiness Project - Gretchen Rubin
  • A Dog's Journey - W Bruce Cameron
  • Running: A Love Story - Jen Miller
  • Fast Girl - Suzy Favor Hamilton
  • The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up - Marie Kondo
  • A Dog's Purpose - W Bruce Cameron
  • My Year of Running Dangerously - Tom Foreman
  • Situation Momedy - Jenna Vonoy
  • Blog Inc - Joy Deangdeelert
  • The Mommy Group - Elizabeth Isadora Gold
  • Popular - Lauren Urasek
  • Meternity - Meghann Foye
  • Carry on Warrior - Glennon Doyle Melton
  • Love Warrior - Glennon Doyle Melton
  • Power Your Happy - Lisa Sugar
I ended the year much lighter than I started it - in fact much lighter than I started the year before, too.  With 38 pounds gone, I am very close to my goal of losing 45 pounds total.

I'm not sure how I'm ever going to top 2016 and all that I managed to accomplish, see and do.  But, I'm certainly going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment