-

-

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

My biggest supporter.

Some days I just feel so thankful.  For my life.  And for my husband.  Just like everyone else, every day isn't perfect.  But we really do try to bring out the best in each other and support each other in the best way that we know how.  I feel so grateful that I have found someone who understands me, learns more about me, and keeps cheering me on to do more.  When we wrote our vows three years ago - much of our words touched on supporting on each other, encouraging each other and believing in both of our dreams.
 
When we first met at the end of 2011, he knew what my life entailed ... two kids, running, coaching ... and more running and coaching.  And over the past 3.5 years, my hobby and business has grown into something wonderful and often very consuming of our time.  Not just my time - our time.  Our time together.  As much as I try to schedule my long runs and coaching around my parental schedule with my older two children, classes and running sessions often infringe on our "alone time" or our time with our youngest.  I put a lot of time and thought into when classes and runs are scheduled.  It's a juggling act - on both of our parts.
 
 
He has fully embraced my lifestyle and it has become his lifestyle.  Not everyone would "get" what I'm doing.  Would understand it.  Or want to be a part of it all.  He didn't run when I met him.  And now he's run several marathons and runs right along side me.  He usually participates or helps out in someway during my classes.  Whether he is happily watching our daughter at the playground, running with her in a stroller, helping navigate a practice run of a race course or helping to coordinate post-run parties - he's often there. 
 
When I was on maternity leave earlier this year, we decided that I would only lead one or two classes per week.  Once spring came, clients were returning and asking for more.  I often said "no" to things that I couldn't or shouldn't commit to.  But, he encouraged me to embrace many of the opportunities that were coming my way.  Because it's important to my clients.  And it's important to me.  Now, I am often coaching 6-8 times per week - on top of working part-time and transporting kids to their activities.  Some days, I don't know how I do it. 
 
But, I know that it couldn't all be done if I didn't have his support and encouragement.  To follow my dreams.  And to help others follow theirs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment