Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Tips for Running with a Jogging Stroller
Are you a mom on the move? Here are several tips for running with a jogging stroller.
· Focus on your posture and don’t arch your back. Stand nice and tall like you would running by yourself.
· Try using one hand, both hands, or alternating hands until you find that you have a comfortable grip that is right for you.
· Bend your elbows and try to keep your elbows level with your belly button. Relax your shoulders.
· When going up a hill, lean back; not forward. Take short, choppy steps and shorten your stride.
· Always use the safety strap on your stroller, especially when running downhill. Keep a firm grip on your handle bar.
· If your stroller has a front wheel lock, make sure that it is unlocked if you are making many turns. This will allow the front wheel to swivel. If you are running an easy out-and-back route, you may want to keep it locked.
· You should be able to hold a conversation with your children or running partners. If you cannot speak comfortably, slow down your pace.
· When changing directions on your route, make sure that the sun isn’t in your child’s direction. Adjust your stroller’s shade as needed.
· Always keep an extra blanket, diaper, wipes, snacks and a drink on hand. If giving your child a toy, make sure that it is tucked into the lap belt or affixed with links.
· If your stroller doesn’t come with a caddy pouch, invest in one. This will come in handy for storing your water bottle, sippy cups and securing your cell phone and keys safely.
· Remember, it is okay to stop if your child needs you. Make sure that your child is comfortable and happy. Then you will be happy, too.