-

-

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Dreams over dishes.

I typically love to wake up and have my bed made. It starts my day off right. I also love to have my kitchen sink and counter cleaned up before I head to bed. It brings closure to my day.
Last night, my counter was a mess. There were dishes to be washed and bottles to be cleaned. But, I piled the kids into bed and we read books. One went in her crib. One fell asleep, cuddled up next to me. I drifted off after a few minutes and the other got drowsy and eventually headed to bed.
This morning I woke up to the coffee pot and the dog barking to go on a walk at 5:00 am. I jumped out of bed and I felt refreshed for my morning walk at sunrise. I woke the kids up around 6:00 and they were ready to go, too. There weren't any major disagreements or forgetful minds this morning. We had a nice, quiet ride to school. Drop-off was followed by an early-morning trip to the grocery story and then a productive morning while the baby napped.
 
And the dishes were still there this morning. So, I got them done. Nothing tragic happened because the dishes weren't done last night. Sometimes I get so caught up in my to-do lists that I forget to chill. I'm afraid to sit down, because I'm worried that everything won't get crossed-off, because I nod off. I watch a movie, and I'm OUT. I read a few pages of my book and I'm a goner. I'm trying to listen to my body more and more lately. When I'm craving a run I pound out a few miles. When my body is aching, I need to take a day off of running. When my mind is tired, it needs rest.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment