-

-

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

A child is your REASON. Not your EXCUSE.

A child is your REASON. Not your EXCUSE.
I struggle with mom guilt quite often, just like you. But, my kids know that this is my lifestyle and that working out makes me a better mommy. I either keep my commitment to myself and head out the door for my scheduled solo miles. Or one joins me on his bike while cranking his tunes on his bike radio (Then I don't need headphones and we solve all of the world's problems together!). Or one joins me in the jogging stroller or observes, surrounded by toys next to the treadmill. Little Diva has been known to push Mini Diva in the stroller on a bike path, while I coach a class. Little Dude enjoys participating in my kids running classes, too.
 
They are already excited that we have an active date on the calendar for the next weekend we are together. I will be pushing Mini Diva in the jogging stroller, while the other two bike. A three mile trip to our favorite diner for a sweet treat, a trip to our favorite park and a three mile trip back home.
Schedule your time. Either with your family or a few solo miles. Make it an adventure - not a chore. Show them that YOU are worth it. And that you MAKE IT HAPPEN.
Remember that every small step counts and that they add up quickly. Those small steps leaving lasting footprints. And your kids will follow them ...
 




1 comment:

  1. I love this! My kids are one of my biggest reasons to run and be healthy. This Saturday in doing a half marathon and my two year old is doing a 1k :)

    ReplyDelete