-

-

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Step outside of your comfort zone.

I had a great meeting tonight with the owners of the newest running store in Madison. Catalyst (HERE) is the cutest running store with the most fabulous female running apparel ever. The decor, the lighting and the cozy fireplace that we sat next to really make it a great place to shop for running and workout apparel.

I will begin coaching my next Couch to 5K session at Catalyst next week. We worked on planning for the current program and for the future. The meeting left me with some great ideas, fantastic opportunities and left me with an optimistic outlook on everything I'm working towards. Goals and opportunities aren't only within reach .... they are happening. And they are also going to happen for those ladies committing to these sessions. They've stepped outside of their comfort zone and are making it happen. Gail, who surprisingly isn't a runner, is also going to be a member of our group.

Jim and Gail Stinzi (HERE) are are the cute husband and wife team that own the running store. I'm so grateful that they reached out to me, after meeting me only briefly in 2011, to see if we could work together in this capacity. I am so happy that they believe in me, my abilities, and my enthusiasm for the sport and for life.

Jim (HERE) is the Head Coach for Distance for the University of Wisconsin Women's Track Team. And, I am so incredibly proud that he called me store's "trainer" tonight. Ha ... me?!?!? I had the great opportunity to get fit by Jim for new running shoes tonight, as I'm trying to see what's out there, besides my Brooks Adrenalines. I was floored when he brought out not one, but two, huge stacks of stability shoes and placed them on the funky, animal print chairs in the store. I was in HEAVEN!!! He had fit my clients before, but experiencing it for myself was an eye opener. Every shoe was different and he described each shoe and it's structure just how I would while wearing it. I was impressed.

This great opportunity happened because: I attended an expo, stepped outside of my comfort zone, founded someone I connected with on a personal level, and handed her my business card.


Step outside of your comfort zone.

You never know what could happen.

7 comments:

  1. So, what shoe did you get fitted this time? I love my Adrenaline but I also wondered what's out there that I have been missing...
    Do share!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome. i just got asked to coach the relay portion of a half for the group i worked with before - they asked if i would be the head coach for the relays, i am super excited but nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome! I have been in the store a couple of times and really liked it. I purchased my 'now' favorite warm shirt for running and skiing. Well it worked great the one day I got to ski!
    So excited to follow your journey and growth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Thanks for the inspiration! While it can be very scary to step outside our comfort zone, you just never know. It's worse regretting not doing it. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! That sounds like a great store and sounds like you should have a great experience working with them as a trainer! Congrats! Now, stepping outside my comfort zone...something I need to work on...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great opportunity. I hope your new relationship with this running store is successful and you continue to build your client base!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just came across your blog and I really love it! Has a great theme to it! I've really enjoyed reading your entries and am going to subscribe. :) keep running!

    ReplyDelete