-

-

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A post for a Friend. And maybe you, too.

As I was filling out my holiday cards last weekend, I was reminded again about how much life has changed in the last twelve months. (And, it was twelve months exactly.) Last year's holiday cards featured photos of two happy kids, signed off by a holiday greeting from four names. The year's card was filled with twenty happy photos of the kids and myself and only three of us are listed. And, you know what ... the kids are just as happy ... if not happier.

The last twelve months has been a huge struggle for all of us, we've all learned so much, and Little Diva and Little Dude have become mature beyond their years. I've personally learned so much about myself and what the kids and I want and need in life. And what their father needs in life, too. We've all come out of this much happier in the end. Talking about my divorce doesn't imply that I'm bitter or mean that I'm looking back. It just means that it is apart of me, and apart of my journey. I really think that I needed to go through what I went through to learn many, many things about myself and to appreciate the things that I want and need out of a partner in life, when I find those qualities in someone someday.

As I was filling out my holiday cards, I sadly took people off of my distribution list. But, I also added many, many more friends that I've met throughout the journey (some of you here). It's amazing how something so difficult can bring so many wonderful blessings along with it. I'm grateful for the many people who have entered our lives in one way or another this year. I will be forever grateful for the support, encouragement, advice, tools and resources you have provided me. Many of you can relate to our situation, which makes me sad, but we would not have found eachother otherwise.

I, personally, have now become a resource for many friends and acquaintances who are also encountering life's changes. There is something about this time of year that seems to really brings out both the best ... and worst ... in relationships. And, many relationships struggle and fail during this holiday season. I have had a few friends reach out to me recently, as they struggle with lifelong decisions. I would never want to lead anyone in any direction ... only to true happiness. One way or another. Because, truly ... life is way to short to be anything but happy.

So, my dear friend that is tossing and turning at night ... please know that you are on my mind ... and I want you to be happy. If YOU are tossing and turning at night, too ... please choose happiness. I want you to wake up with a smile on your face tomorrow .........










15 comments:

  1. Glad that you and the kiddos are happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful post...and so glad to learn more about you instead of the giveaways (which are awesome as well and you should be proud!).

    Strength comes from many places, some you have already, and some you build from other sources. Growth is the best outcome of all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great post...so glad you guys are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you've found happiness and peace with the curve ball that life threw at you. I too have been through it when my son was 3 yrs old. He is now 16 yrs old and we are so close because we spent so much time together. He is my everything and he's such a happy teenager and I couldn't be more blessed. Live life to the fullest! Happy Holidays, www.dashingdiva.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post brought a smile to my face. ANY type of friend of yours knows you only want happiness for both of you, but it's nice to be reminded. Thank you, and rest assured that your friend thinks of you often too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you and your sweet kids are happy. I wish you a wonderful holiday season and all good things in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happiness is what we all strive for - that, and a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that a difficult situation has ended up being the right decision in the end. Life is full of changes and you're right - happiness is important.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great to hear you are all doing well! Every single person is going through something. I try to remember that, but sometimes it is tough to imagine that you are not alone. Your post reminds us to choose happiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Choose Happiness! Everyone should! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post!! Fight for your happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so great to come out of a rough patch in a positive way. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometime you gotta slow down around that corner ...

    ReplyDelete