-

-

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Race Sign Up -- Madison Mini Marathon

I've just received the early bird rate for the 2nd Annual Madison Mini Marathon. I ran this half marathon last year and loved it! This year, it is scheduled for August 21, 2010, and the race runs through Madison, Wisconsin.


Last year was the innaugural race and there was a FANTASTIC turnout and the event was very well organized. Great crowd support, my family was able to see me over a half dozen times along the 13.1 mile course. They even drove along side me for a bit, which made me chuckle.

This was a great course last year, starting at the UW Campus Memorial Union and ending at the same location. The course was scenic, as you run through downtown Madison, the Capitol Square (where the weekly farmer's market was taking place), UW Campus, Henry Vilas Zoo, UW Arboretum and the scenic lakeshore path. I really enjoyed the half marathon last year and wanted to get in on the early bird rate, before December 31. (Enter MMMFB10 at checkout!!)

I'm hoping to run a second full marathon in the fall, so this will hopefully keep me on my toes and committed to my training plan for the fall.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! How fun! I'll have to consider this one for the Half or 5K depending on what other races we have going around that time. It's always good to hear someone who has ran a race and says it's good.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete