After finding great joy in moments recently, a smile was literally brought to my face. While feeding my daughter her bottle on our front porch, my face felt warm and my heart felt full. I started thinking about how saying NO to certain things have allowed me to say YES to other things that I wanted in my day. Most of these things are small, brief moments during our day. But they have made my day - and my life - that much fuller.
I challenge YOU to create a list of ten or twenty things that fill your heart. Things you look forward to doing and that make you smile. Write them in no particular order and revisit the list. See how full your heart feels? Then, add more of those things into your day. You can thank me later.
Here is mine.
- Feeding Mini Diva her bottles on the front porch.
- Drinking my first cup of coffee while checking my email and listening to the radio with my husband.
- Getting up at 5:00 am to walk the dog at sunrise
- Running with Mini Diva in the jogging stroller
- Watching Little Diva pursue her passion with theater
- Playing Legos with Little Dude
- Family taco night - complete with sombreros
- Playing Scrabble and Scattegories with my husband
- Reading in bed with my husband
- Reading a book; then watching a movie
- Getting lost in a run with a few new songs on my ipod
- Blogging about my feelings
- Running with the dog at dusk
- Lists and crossing things off
- Being able to pick the kids up from school
- New Moms on the Move class that I am leading
- Watching clients push themselves and answer their questions
- Visiting the library every week
- Making my bed in the morning; cleaning the kitchen counter at night