-

-

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Looking for 26.2 miles to run in the Midwest

So, Jason and I are eager to set the major points of our racing schedule for next year. We would like to run one or two full marathons together in 2010. We're located in Wisconsin and I've already done Chicago. I'm hoping for something MUCH smaller (less crowded) than Chicago, but just as epic. Any suggestions? We're hoping to make a long weekend out of it, while the kids are at grandma and grandpa's. So, it would also be great to find somewhere with other points of interest that we can check out while we're there. May or June 0f 2010, IN THE MIDWEST, is our first target.

6 comments:

  1. Cincinnati's Flying Pig Marathon:
    http://www.flyingpigmarathon.com/index.shtml

    Lots to do in the area and a pretty part of the midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fargo, ND on May 22nd. I know, sounds dull. I ran the half there last year. Amazing fan support and great set up. The whole city gets into this race! The Minneapolis marathon on June 6th. I don't know too much about this race. I think it is only the second year but I just ran a race on Halloween put on by Team Ortho (same race director) and it was well organized. Of course, Grandmas in Duluth on Father's day weekend. I'm running the half in Winnipeg, Manitoba (Manitoba Marathon) on Father's Day. I did it last year. Nice race but not a lot of full competitors. The Twin Cities Marathon ono October 3rd is unbelievable for fan support. I LOVED this race. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did Flying Pig in 2006 and it was great! May 2: http://www.flyingpigmarathon.com/index.shtml

    I heard Minneapolis (June 6) is a good one.
    http://minneapolismarathon.com/Minneapolis_Marathon

    Others:
    Stillwater MN (May 30)
    Starburst IN (June 5)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma's in Duluth. It's in June and is in alot of top ten's for marathons in the u.s. to do. I haven't done it yet but maybe in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fly to San Diego for the Rock and Roll...don't say no right away, check out the web site. It would be so much fun, it's a great race and a fun get away...frequent flyer miles???

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a new marathon down in Champaign-Urbana that may merit a drive! Or St. Louis?

    ReplyDelete