-

-

Thursday, June 9, 2016

{BOOK REVIEW} Running: A Love Story by Jen Miller

I've been really into reading the past couple of years. It's a good balance with my go-go-go personality.  It forces me to sit down and relax.  I welcomed the opportunity to review "Running:  A Love Story" by Jen A Miller.
 
Running: A Love Story is Jen A. Miller’s witty, brutally honest account of her lifelong relationship with running, and an exploration of the many ways that the sport carves a path to empowerment.  As a middle-of-the-pack but tenacious runner, Miller hones her skill while navigating relationships with men that, like a tricky marathon route, have their ups and downs. As she pushes herself toward ever-greater mileage, running helps Miller learn to love herself first, revealing independence, discipline, and confidence she didn’t realize she had.
 
 
I really identified with Jen's story because she is a lot like me.  As middle of the pack runners we really need to work for every mile and try to enjoy the process, while trying not to compare ourselves by other more-natural runners.  Her honest story about getting into running and having it eventually become a passion really hit home with me.  We don't all love running at the first step - but eventually we get hooked and love what it does for us physically and mentally.  This book would be super motivating for new runners and a great read for those that are experienced.
 
I enjoyed reading about Jen's dating experiences, too, while she navigated running and training for a marathon.  The things she learned about herself through both sometimes messy and difficult experiences were a true joy and amusing to read.  I could relate to it all and sometimes laughed out loud and found myself smiling while I read this book on my commute by bus.

1 comment:

  1. In the world of business, staying stagnant is synonymous with falling behind. Markets are constantly shifting, driven by technological advancements, changes in consumer preferences, and global events. Contributing to the "Write For Us" section, I'd like to emphasize the importance of keeping an eagle eye on emerging trends. Whether it's embracing e-commerce, harnessing the power of data analytics, or capitalizing on sustainability, successful write for us business are those that adeptly pivot and adapt.

    ReplyDelete