1 - Hubby and have a date scheduled for Saturday for most of the day. Usually, we can sneak in a date night once a month or every other month, while the grandparents entertain the kiddos for a few hours. This time, I've arranged NINE HOURS of couple time. We really need this right now. Stress has been high for many reasons. We need some time together. And, some time to do some things stress-free without the kids. I'm hoping that the weather cooperates as I have just a few items on my to do list and most of them involve being outside. I also failed to mention that these are also AFFORDABLE forms of entertainment, as hubby has to wait an entire month to get paid by his new employer (yikes!):
- Visit the local farmer's market and load up on berries and fresh veggies
- See a crappy movie at the cheap seats (can't beat a movie for less that $3!)
- Get in a longish run together and explore somewhere NEW!
- Use a coupon and eat out at a restaurant (something we haven't done together in months)
- Run some errands stress-free without people whining about when we are going to leave or tearing things off the shelves
2 - A few months back, I enjoyed reading and reviewing Run Like a Mother by Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea. If you haven't ready it .... you need to. I.AM.NOT.A.READER .... and I loved this book to pieces! I totally identified with it. It seriously made me laugh out loud!
I was so excited to be contacted by Sarah (SBS) again last week to see if I wanted to be featured this week in their weekly installment of "Follow This Mother". Why, of course?!?!?! You can read all about my interview and all of my Bondi Bands (HERE).
3 - Earlier this week, I was happy to be greeted by another exciting email. One of my favorite blogging mommies, Stephanie from Girls Just Wanna Go Run (HERE) emailed me to let me know that I won her 3Gemz giveaway! I can't wait to see this beautiful running necklace! Thanks, Stephanie .... you're a gem! ... pun intended. You know I love your blog to pieces!!