-

-

Friday, November 4, 2016

Skinny Tater Tot Casserole Recipe

This is a family favorite and goes quickly at our dinner table.  I've lightened up the standard tater tot casserole for my family's lifestyle.  I skip the milk and the onion from the original recipe and double the veggies, too.  I'm not much of a cook, so I appreciate how super easy-peasy this is to make.  My family is a fan of the tater-tots, so I tend to use the whole package, but you could lighten the recipe up by using a partial package.  When we have a busy night planned with coaching or kid activities, I bake it ahead of time, then let it cool in the fridge, then reheat it in the oven for 10 minutes or so - and serve with ketchup.

1 lb ground turkey
1 can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
2 cans cut green beans
1 package low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 dash black pepper
1 package frozen tater-tots






Brown and drain ground turkey on stovetop.  In casserole dish, mix turkey with soup, and both cans of green beans.  Sprinkle in dash of pepper.  Flatten mixture with a spatula.  Sprinkle with package of low-fat cheese.  And top with all or some of the package of tater-tots. 

Bake at 425 degrees for thirty minutes or until cheese is melted and tater tots are crispy.

If your family can wait (!!), let sit for five minutes before serving with ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment