-

-

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A Plan for 2015

As I was running my six miles on the treadmill last night, I was surrounded by other runners and walkers at the gym.  Every treadmill was taken.  The place was filled with people sweating and trying to get a fresh-start after the New Year.  People have set new goals and resolutions.   I workout all year long, but still like to have an blank page to start a new chapter every 365 days.  I am a very goal-oriented person.  However this year, many of the items placed on my attainable list aren't running-related.
  • Learn to say "No"
  • Spend more time with my mom
  • "Play more" with the kids
  • Visit two new state parks
  • Go tent camping
  • Volunteer twice (races or otherwise)
  • Stay off of soda (been soda-free since 11/3/14!)
  • Freelance five articles 
  • Continue to save for our set down payment amount on our home by September 1
  • Log 1,200 miles
  • Get a raise/promotion
  • Read twelve books
  • Reach my pre-holiday weight by my marathon on January 25
  • Reach my comfortable weight by Valentine's Day on February 14
  • Reach my goal weight by my husband's 40th birthday on March 8
What goals have you set for yourself in 2015??

1 comment:

  1. Those are great goals!! I like the idea of volunteering at a race or two. We camp all summer, but in an RV!

    ReplyDelete