-

-

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1:  The Little Dude has been OBSESSED with his first extracurricular activity.  He's been playing, sleeping, swimming ... you name it ... in his new t-ball shirt.  It's not the shirt that he loves so much.  It's the fact that this is all about HIM ... and it should be!  It has been so entertaining watching his first few practices as he catches a fly ball as he's supposed to be running bases and seeing him take pride in hitting the ball after seven or eight swings. He really has enjoyed being a "big boy" and learning about something new.  He's not following in his sister's footsteps ... this is his gig.  His two families are coming out to support him.  And, he owns this turquoise blue shirt.  I think that the look on his face says it all.


2:  On Monday afternoon, I had the sweet opportunity to be interviewed by BRAVA Magazine (HERE) for their August issue.  I met up with Ann, a local writer, at Machinery Row in downtown Madison.  We ran together back and forth between Machinery Row and the Monona Terrace about fifty times and logged a mile or so during our "active photo shoot" with Amber.  After the action shots, we headed out on the Capital City Trail for five more miles of active conversation.  I loved it.  Ann asked me questions about how I got started in thie crazy sport, why I love it so much, how the whole coaching thing came to be and why I love Couch to 5K runners so incredibly much.  We also touched a bit on blogging and social media.  I can't wait to see what the article entails (stay tuned).  Eek!

 















3:  This past Saturday, two of my coaching sessions ended at Sun Prairie's Strawberry Festival.  I coached several wonderful woman in both the 5K and 10K events.  I will post more on their accomplishments soon, but wanted to share this beautiful charm bracelet that I received from two of the dedicated 10K runners.  I love the little shoe charm, pink crystals and diva charm addition.  A perfect way to remember that training runs that we shared together over the past few months. I am so proud of all that they've accomplished, while balancing careers, kids, extra curricular activities, sick children ... they fit it all in to their schedules ... and you can too!

1 comment:

  1. I love the look on his face! That's so exciting to have an extracurricular activity of your very own. He's really growing up! :)

    ReplyDelete