-

-

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Snowy Arborrrrrrrrretum Run

This mornign I met up with Linda again from Mom Running from Cancer (HERE). We were meeting up at the University of Wisconsin Arboretum. Brrr .... it was a chilly one and snow was expected. When we started out, it was a measily 12 degrees. I doubled up on technical tops and running tights and a running skirt.


I opted to wear a winter headband instead of a Bondi Band today, and my ears thanked me. I didn't wear the best mittens and my fingertips were freezing for the first mile. Thankfully, they warmed up one mile in! I told Linda that it was surprisingly chilly during that first mile. Had I been by myself, I probably would've turned around! Another reason to have a running buddy!

Linda and I did the 10K loop around the UW Arboretum and the Henry Vilas Zoo area. There were a few runners out this morning, but not too many. It was nice to have company on the run today, otherwise it would've been quite lonely out on the quiet road.


Linda and I experienced some fancy footwork with all of the ice on the roads and trails this week. Some spots were more difficult to maneuver than others. But, we survived and had a great time catching up! We ran 6.22 miles in just under 1:02.

After the run, we had to get our signature bloggy photos, back at the Visitor's Center .....



... Take 1 ...

... Take 2 ...

... Take 3 ...
Third time's a charm!!


Another runner that was headed out offered to snap a cute shot of us, too!!

I *heart* Linda --- She's the best!!



On my way out of the Arboretum, I spotted these feathered friends. Glad I didn't encounter them when I was on foot! They were on the road as I was passing through with the marathon mommy minivan!


After the run, I warmed up at Starbucks, again, with a Grande Skinny Caramel Latte and read a few more chapters out of Mr. Maybe, which was highly recommended by some friends.


11 comments:

  1. Love your blue running jacket! Diva indeed! Where do you find all the cool patterns?
    And I thought my run was cold this morning at 28˚... whew, you're brave girl!
    Mr. Maybe is a great book, but then again I love everything Jane Green does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so gorgeous! You make running in the snow....hott! :) Most stylish for sure!

    I had to opt for the treaddy today--it was 9 degrees at 9 a.m. You are a trooper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm perfect way to end a chilly run!
    You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great area to run. And only you could find an animal print jacket. Very cool, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun. I should have gone with you guys. Good company is about the only thing that can make a cold, slippery run enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fantastic way to get out there and enjoy the snow. You guys are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you ran outside. I have a long run scheduled for here in WI today and I just might have to do the treadmill cause I am a wimp when it comes to cold!

    PS - Jamie, I had to visit Endurance House last weekend since you had mentioned it here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like so much fun!

    And I love Jane Green's book. They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys look GREAT! So glad you have a running buddy to keep you company out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome job braving the elements and getting a good run in. Nice way to end with a book and Starbucks too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job getting out there and getting done and looking totally stylish while doing it! Way to go girl!!

    ReplyDelete