-

-

Monday, February 28, 2011

February 2011 Running Ramblings

February was my all time lowest mileage month in about a year and a half (I believe; maybe longer). I didn't reach my goal of running 100 miles this month. February is the shortest month of the year, I had strep throat and was on antibiotics, had several fevers, had a terrible cold and nasty cough for almost three weeks. But, those are excuses. When I was feeling well, I didn't push myself far (at all). Ran standard 5K's on the treadmill, with the intention of running a double again later (and didn't).

Despite my illness, lack of miles and lack of motivation this month .... February was fun! I ran with bloggers twice, did reach my second goal of running my second half marathon of the year, and I had a lot of non-running fun this month and have met a lot of great people and reconnected with a lot of old friends. I received some nice out-of-the-blue cards, emails, comments and gifts from friends; and that always brings a HUGE smile to my face.

I have also had so many FABULOUS developments in the racing world, and I can't wait to share them with you. This blog continues to be such a blessing for me. I secretly have had some other running-related opportunities that I know you will enjoy being apart of. Stay tuned. March is gonna be fun ... and the miles are going to be there!!

February: 71.6 miles
January: 110.7 miles
Total Miles for 2011: 182.3
Miles Needed to reach 1,500 Mileage Goal: 1,317.7
Longest Run: 13.1 miles

6 comments:

  1. Hey girl you are still a rock star for finishing 71+ miles with all that illness!! Can't wait to hear your good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! That's incredible!!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must have been the month... I just wasn't feeling it for some reason either. For me it wasn't so much the running aspect, but my core work. I have so many red x's on days when I just should have gotten the workout done. At least you have illness to blame - I'm just kind of lazy :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! 71 m after being sick! You are amazing! Can't wait to hear your running news! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes life gets in the way and running takes a hit, but you'll get back to it and pull some great numbers this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like life is normal for you! :) So glad to hear that even with down numbers, you enjoyed the month - isn't that what's it's all about anyway??? Can't wait to hear what you have in store!

    ReplyDelete