-

-

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Belated Valentine's Day

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day earlier this week. I apologize for not posting or sharing in the excitement earlier this week. I've been a little side-tracked with that flu bug I've been battling since Super Bowl Sunday. Eventually, I caved in and went to urgent care to find out I had a fever again and strep throat ..... very attractive accessory they made me wear, huh?! .....


It really makes me realize that I do have to take care of myself and need to do what's needed to make myself STRONG and healthy. I've now missed a lot of work and missed out on three days of running again this week, and one hundred miles for February just doesn't seem feasible. It is what it is. There is always next month. I will not be absent from running, but the volume of miles, and time, just simply isn't there. I don't want to prolong getting myself healthy. And, I don't want to injure myself either. After all, I have another half marathon to run in March!

Even though I didn't have a VALENTINE this year, I did receive some awesome gifts from my wonderful parents. I also enjoyed all of the nice texts, email messages, and cards I received from my supportive friends and co-workers.


Did I mention .... I also have some of the bestest bloggy friends as well. The ever-so-beautiful Miss Katye from Long Legs on the Loose (HERE) was so sweet to try and cheer me up this February 14th with this pink technical Valentine's Day tee from Brooks. Isn't this perfect?! I love all of the little running and lovey-dovey images on it. This totally did cheer me up! As, did the leopard print duct tape Katye used on the packaging!!


In honor of Valentine's Day, I also received this beautiful LIVE INSPIRED bracelet from the sweet and generous Miss Linda from Mom Running from Cancer (HERE), a local blogger. I am so fortunate to have such an amazing person like her in my life. She's always sending emails, cards, and thoughtful items my way to cheer me up.

What made your
Valentine's Day
so special?!
Did you incorporate an active lifestyle
into your special day?

13 comments:

  1. My Valentine's Day...honestly was not special this year. I didn't even get a card LOL Although my husband did end up showing me that he taped me a "happy Valentine's Day message" with the boys the following day.
    I ran 2 miles after supper (not smart).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! I love all of your gifts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valentine's Day was crazy busy for me!! I do a cupcake fundraiser every year to raise money for my Komen Race (breast cancer). This year we raised over $700 in a matter of a couple days (and baked over 1000 cupcakes). Romantic? No. Eventful? Absolutely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you feel icky on the holiday where your color, PINK, is everywhere! What awesome gifts tho!

    Get better soon Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you've been sick still. LOVE the Brooks shirt. A running store three hours away was giving them a way with any purchase and I was so tempted to go on a road trip just to get one. :) Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Erin
    http://seemomrunfar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I could bring a bit of brightness into you day! And of course you had a Valentine...two actually...I think you're kids make some pretty darn attractive valentines! Hold your head high and kick the sickness to the curb! you're right...you need to take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Gosh - GET WELL and take care of yourself . . . there is only one you and YOU are very important to a lot of people. REST, DRINK FLUIDS and SLEEP! Hope you get over this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you start feeling better soon! My Valentine's Day was special because it was full of my favorites: cocktail, gifts, dinner and company. Glad to hear you had nice Valentine's Day too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did go do my strength training! Then I came home and had a lovely meal with my family, and we enjoyed cards, small gifts, and candy. Fabulous day. :)

    Hope you're feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sadly just another day for me, but I did get a workout in.

    Hope you're feeling better and get back to the crazy miles you know you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no... get better Jamie!!!

    That shirt is too cute... I want one!!! :) And I love the bracelet! You are definitely a loved lady!

    ReplyDelete