-

-

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Races added to my Calendar for 2009

This weekend, we're heading off to the Quad Cities, where I will be running the half marathon portion of the marathon weekend. I look forward to seeing if I can break my half marathon PR of 1:55:59. Paige will also be running in their kid's race on Saturday afternoon. The weekend is supposed to be filled with fun, with a hot air balloon festival taking place all weekend. This will be my fourth half marathon of 2009.





My sister and I also signed up for the Innaugural Girls on the Run 5k in Waunakee on November 14. I will be starting the race with my sixteen-year-old sister, Kelsey, as she competes in her very first 5K. I'm so excited to be going a race that promotes getting young women and girls outdoors and encourages them to build confidence through the sport of running. I only wish I had discovered such a passion early on.







Jason and I also signed up for the Tyranena Beer run on November 7. I am excited to be doing another half marathon with him this year! He's sure to smoke me this time!! Much of my mom's relation lives in Lake Mills, so I'm hoping to see several familiar faces along the course. Jason is very excited about the post-race spread of and race-side "beer tent", after the race. This will be my fifth half marathon of 2009 and most likely my final race of the calendar year.















No comments:

Post a Comment