-

-

Friday, November 15, 2013

Free Country Pinnacle Softshell Coat Review

I was contacted last summer by Free Country (HERE) to review their swimsuit line.  Unfortunately, by the time I responded to their inquiry, the Wisconsin swimsuit season had passed and we were heading into the cooler fall months ahead.  They offered to send me a jacket of my choice and I quickly chose a bright, versatile number from their website.  Isn't it cute???!!




Free Country sells all sorts of gear for your entire family - year-round.  Think, swimsuits, jackets, workout gear!  Clothes that you can LIVE IN!!

I chose to review the Free Country Women's Pinnacle Softshell Jacket (HERE) in a size medium.  I can't say enough about this awesome, versatile jacket - AMAZING!!  This jacket worked great for fall, and I expect it will be just as great for winter and spring.  I love that you can wear it for casual wear or to go outdoors running.  Did I mention that it's also machine washable after your workout??

The jacket comes in small, medium, large and extra large. The size medium fit me very nicely.  I LOVED the fit, even with two layers underneath.  I love that this jacket cuts the wind and is totally wind resistant, without being bulky.  Sometimes I hate wearing jackets, because they are too puffy and bulky.  Not this one.

The turquoise color is called Turkis.  It also comes in a periwinkle color, royal blue, grey and white.  Each color has a very nice contrasting color that accents all of the trim, zipper, etc.

The Free Country ladies Pinnacle softshell combines tonal and bright contrasting body and zipper colors for an active look in softshell that will have you begging for cool weather. Water and wind resistant.

The jacket retails for $100, but is marked down to $65 on the Free Country website.  What a great deal!   This jacket is a great, affordable alternative to many of the over-priced brands on the market.



I love that this jacket offers and adjustable hood that is attached.  Easy to wear up or wear down.  And it's very easy to run with the hood up.  It's so nice to have the option when you are on the move.


Pinnacle Softshell Coat features:
Wind resistant
Attached Hood with adjustable drawstrings
Tricot Lined Arms for Easy on-off
Machine washable
Water resistant
Lycra storm cuffs with thumb hole keep hands warm

Soft chin protector
Hidden chest pocket for sleek storage of essentials



I am in LOVE with the cuffs with thumb holes.  These came in handy when I was buming around in downtown Madison and forgot my gloves.  They can easily be placed in side the jacket or pulled down over your hands when needed.  They are warm and sleek.  These are great for casual wear or active wear.  I love running gear with the built-in thumbholes.  Keeps you warm when you need it and you can put them away when you get too warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment