Well, if you haven't heard ... I found my "sign maker". The sweet Kerri (spectator report HERE) came out to spectate for Chelsea and I. She is an AWESOME spectator. the girl kind of caught me off guard, but kept my mind entertained and kept me wondering who the heck she saw for about 15 miles! Thank you, Kerri! She's also pretty excited about finishing her first marathon this past weekend ... and I'm so happy for her, too! Please stop by to read her Chicago Marathon race report and give her some kuddos -- thanks!
- Pre-race fuel: fat free yogurt, Bonkbreaker Bar (in PB&J) and a banana and a Honey Stinger Gel (in Gold flavor) at the startline.
- No nerves at start line
- Absolutely no blisters or missing toe nails this time
- Carried my GoLite Hydroclutch with me. Unscrewed the cap before I approached the water stations, chugged a Gatorade and poured two cups of water in the bottle and kept running. I drank a lot, even though it was cold.
- Honey Stinger chews and three-four packs of various gels throughout the race.
- Never had to pour water on my head this race
- I rocked my hot pink CEP socks (kept my legs warm and fresh) --and, yes ... a review ... and giveaway are coming very soon!!!
- Never hit a "wall" or low-energy during this race. My legs started acting up and buckling at mile 25, but that's it.
2010 Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon Race Reports: