-

-

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Missing the Marathon

I ran my first (and only to date) full marathon last fall in Chicago. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life! I am not training for a full marathon this season, since Jason is training for Ironman Wisconsin (held in September in Madison) and it is just too hard for both of us to be training so much at once and balance family life with the kids. Although I do enjoy the half marathons I'm doing this year and I do love that distance the best (I'm doing four this summer), I still miss the excitement of training for a 26.2 mile journey.

Chip Time: 4:37:23

Browsing through old race photos, I came across this random video that Jason shot in Chicago. I'm not captured in it, but the stream of miles and miles of runners (hours long in distance), brought me back to the awesome experience of the HUGE crowd support across the entire 26.2 mile course. It was like this almost the entire route ... family members, volunteers and community members cheering on the estimated 45,000 registered runners that day (31,344 finishers).


I am definitely am doing a full marathon next year; just not sure where or when yet.

The official 2008 Chicago Marathon highlight video gives me chills. It is available at:

http://www.chicagomarathon.com/cms400min/Chicago_Marathon/inspiration/video/FeaturedVideo.aspx?id=8301

No comments:

Post a Comment