-

-

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Optimum Nutrition Whey & Oats and Greek Yogurt Protein Smoothie Review

I recently tried two different types of protein powder from Optimum Nutrition.  I first tried the Whey and Oats.  The flavor I tried was Vanilla Almond Pastry and that's exactly what it tasted like.  It tasted like an protein bar or granola bar, but a shake version.  The scoops are large and contain 190 calories per serving, 4 grams dietary fiber, 16 grams carbs and a whopping 27 grams protein.  This is made with premium whey protein and contains complex carbohydrates from whole oats.  I mixed it with unsweetened almond milk and a banana.  It was tasty and frothy and I felt full, using it as a meal replacement for both lunch and breakfast.  My kids liked it, too.  I used the blender and some ice and it all frothed up deliciously.  It was convenient when I was out running around with the kids this past month.  Our life has gotten extremely busy.  I also enjoyed it after a mid-distance run and this powder is great recovery fuel!  You can also mix it with water, but I much prefer mixing with milk or almond milk.  The powder dissolved well, too.
 
 
 
 
We also tried the Greek Yogurt Protein Smoothie in Blueberry flavor.  It tasted like a liquid blueberry muffin, when mixed with ice and unsweetened almond milk.  I didn't mix this one with a banana. The Protein Smoothie version also comes in Strawberry or Vanilla. I tried this as an after snack and pick-me-up and it was refreshing while sitting out on our deck, watching the little ones play.  It contains 130 calories per scoop, 8 carbs and 20 grams protein. 
 
Neither powder had any weird clumps or after taste, something I've experienced with some other brands on the market.
 
I also am a HUGE fan of their Cake Bites.  We've consumed dozens of packages of these tasty protein bites over the past year. 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, this stuff is quite possibly the best tasting protein on the market today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Blogs...

    more people are having success losing weight with this diet http://rebrand.ly/WeightLossFast21

    ReplyDelete