-

-

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Book #6 of 2015 - Hope in a Jar by Beth Harbison

This non-reader actually enjoyed a nightly reading session in 2014.  After being challenged by my daughter to read a Fault in Our Stars with her, followed by a viewing of the movie, I became hooked.  I read seven books from July-December in 2014 and am looking forward to reading twelve books in 2015.  I'm enjoying sharing my daughter's passion and carving out a different kind of "me time" after my workouts are complete.  Reading has relaxed me and is also helping me sleep better.
 

Book #6 of 2015:Hope in a Jar by Beth Harbison

I admittedly had a difficult time getting into this book at first - nearly the first 50 pages.  I picked this read up in the featured section of our library and just wasn't ready to read it.  Parts seemed to drag on where things were getting repetitive or no events seemed to be happening.  After a few chapters, I finally started to get to know the characters and enjoyed the rest of the book.  I love books about friendship and love - and this definitely was it.  Allie discovered her boyfriend in bed with another woman and discovers several things about herself shortly after the terrible ordeal.  Further self-discovery happens when she meets up with old friends at her twenty year high school reunion.  Friendships remain.  Cliques remain.  Crushes remain.  I'll let you learn the rest, while you turn the pages.  I also want to ready Beth's "Shoe Addicts Anonymous" soon!

Do you have a book that I should add to my reading list in 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment