-

-

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Playlist additions & 20 miles

As if the cooler temps, the beautiful changing trees and running over fallen leaves - many, many races being held this fall weren't enough ... you might be looking for some extra motivation to head out the door.  Update your playlist.   Here are some of the recent additions to my playlist this fall.

Hotel Room Service - Pitbull
Throw It In The Bag - Fabolous Feat. The-Dream
Still Into You - Paramore Paramore
Work - Iggy
Beat It (feat. John Mayer) - Fall Out Boy
Royals - Lorde
Berzerk - Eminem
Roar - Katy Perry
We Can't Stop - Miley

Roll Away Your Stone - Mumford and Sons
Wrecking Ball - Miley Cyrus
White Walls - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

On Friday I headed out the door on an absolutely gorgeous morning.  I had just ran 22 miles on Sunday and wanted to get one more long run in, to boost my confidence.  I have a full marathon on October 27 and haven't really been "training" for it.

 
I zig-zagged all over town - crossing over highways into almost every single neighborhood.  I enjoyed the bike path that connects our small town, through various parks.  I felt phenomenal as I conquered many, many hills.  I consumed water in my handheld and only two gels and had energy the entire time.   After 3 1/2 hours, I returned after completing twenty miles across town.  The weather was perfect, my legs felt great and I was in good spirits.  The only downfall, was that I had a small rock in the back of one shoe - only to discover that my sock had slipped down and I had a bloody, blistered heel.  I babied it all weekend and it's healed-up and ready to go.  All the more reason to wear some super stylish, knee-high compression socks for race day!  I took a short walk around home to cool down, stretched and enjoyed a Diet Mountain Dew.

This run gave me the needed confidence and motivation to run the 26.2 mile journey again - in less than two weeks.  I finished this week with sixty miles - my most ever.  Bring it!
 

4 comments: